BUS 517 WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT 1 PROJECT PROPOSAL
Note: Use the project you selected in Week 1 Discussion 2 to complete this assignment.
During Week 1 Discussion 2: Project Selection, you were asked to develop a project proposal in which you determined if the proposed project is feasible, practical, and cost beneficial. By completing this assignment, you will recognize whether the project:
? sufficiently justifies the scope, time, and cost.
? has been defined so that the project sponsor agrees with the cost benefit.
? outlines the implications of not approving the project.
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper in which you:
1. Recommend a project portfolio management method for your selected project. Provide a rationale for your recommendation. Note: Be sure to align your project with the strategic efforts of the organization.
2. Create an outline of an executive summary that includes the type of problem, requirements, and proposed business problem solutions.
3. State the vision and the goal of the project. Note: Be sure that the goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely (S.M.A.R.T.).
4. Determine five (5) major deliverables of the project, and explain the importance of each major deliverable.
5. Provide the timeframe for delivering the solution to the project.
6. Create a table which contains the generic resources, including people, equipment, and materials needed to undertake the project. Note: These are only generic figures to give the Project Sponsor an idea of the level of resourcing required to finish the project.
More Details of the Question are hidden…