BUS 599 CAPSTONE PROJECT APPLE
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on strategic management of Apple Inc. and Samsung Group.
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the existing business strategies, domestic and global environments, industry, and internal capabilities for both Apple and Samsung. Assess the significant manner in which each company’s mission and vision align with the long-terms goals and strategic direction of the organization.
2. Analyze the business-level strategy of each company by conducting a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis. Next, determine the fundamental way in which each sector influences its competitive position within the industry. Provide rationale to support the response.
3. Analyze the central manner in which the strategies of each company’s business leaders have adapted to cultural differences in order to both facilitate effective operations within global markets and drive new strategic initiatives with improved innovation excellence. Provide one (1) example of such strategies in use from each company to support the response.
4. Evaluate the superiority of each company’s organizational competencies in terms of entrepreneurial capabilities, organizational design capabilities, and strategic capabilities geared toward increased performance and profitability. Include one (1) example of such superiority from each company to support the response.
5. Recommend one (1) appropriate new business strategy for each company that may maximize profitability and improved competitiveness in the industry. Provide a detailed rationale for this strategy.
6. Evaluate the success of both companies’ corporate-level strategies in terms of horizontal integration, vertical integration, strategic outsourcing, or diversification. Next, determine the type of strategy that contributed most effectively to the creation of a successful and profitable multibusiness model. Provide a detailed rationale to support the response.
7. Analyze the strategies that the internal leadership of both Apple and Samsung has taken to discourage unethical behaviors. Provide at least three (3) examples of such leadership in action from both companies to support the response.
8. Assume that both Apple and Samsung are in need of organizational change and must alter existing strategies. Recommend three (3) specific ways in which Apple and Samsung could change functional, business, and corporate strategies, as well as organizational structure and control in order to improve business performance and competitiveness in their industry. Provide a rationale to support the response.
9. Use at least six (6) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
blended art and technology in order to provide a simple and streamlined user experience; the business strategy skyrocketed Apple to the forefront of smart phones making Apple a force to be reckoned with beginning with their original release of the iPhone in 2007. Apple’s strategy during Steve Jobs reign as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) was to use a long development cycle that produced at least one large innovation each cycle. They would release these products usually in a yearly selling period, while still marketing the earlier models at cheaper prices. This allowed Apple to gain a large amount of anticipation for new products, as consumers were expecting something new and innovative each time a new product was announced while still offering cheaper alternatives to consumers via their old smart phone models. Apple was also able to attract and keep many consumers by bundling their other product offerings, such as iTunes, together with the use of the iPhone and iPad; the iPhone can double as an iPod for all intents and purposes. After Steve Jobs relinquished his position as CEO of Apple, the succeeding CEO became Tim Cook who has seemingly adopted a new business model for Apple that is not necessarily akin to Steve Jobs. While Tim Cook also believes in Steve Jobs’ former method of new and innovative products, he has been utilizing Apple’s significantly sized market share of loyal customers in order to provide only incrementally changed products while knowing the company’s large and loyal user base will upgrade to the newest devices being produced. The business model of Apple has shifted from the Steve Jobs to the Tim Cook era; Steve Jobs emphasized the construction of brand new innovative technologies whereas Tim Cook has only been producing slightly improved versions of existent Apple products. Under Tim Cook, Apple has focused more on strengthening its already created products. For example, instead of having any true innovation with the newly released iPhone 5, Cook focused on tightening up many aspects of the existing smart-phone model, i.e. the iPhone 4; he increased its size, allowing it to compete with other larger phones such as those created by rival Samsung and cut Apple’s contract with Google for its Maps service and replaced it with a proprietary map system. As a result of these two differing philosophies, a pattern h …
The full tutorial is about 11860 characters long.