BUS 599 WEEK 8 PROJECT DELIVERABLE 4 STR
Due Week 8 and worth 120 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a draft of your business plan and an income statement containing your business plan financials. Note: You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
You must intend to raise money for your startup company. You can start with money from friends and family but at some point you will need funds from outside investors, either angels or venture capitalists, depending on how much money you project you will need to raise. Another possible angle is to develop money through crowdfunding, assuming your product meets the demand of such audiences.
Before you can raise money, you must develop a business plan that convinces an investor that your company will succeed.
Section 1: Business Plan (MS Word or equivalent)
Read Chapters 18 and 19 of the course text: Successful Business Plan. Use the Plan Preparation Forms at the end of each chapter of Successful Business Plan as a rough guide.
Write a fifteen to twenty (15-20) page draft of your business plan in which you:
1. Revise the components of the following previously submitted sections based on the feedback you have received.
a. Company Description (Mini Project Deliverable 1)?b. Industry Analysis and Trends (Project Deliverable 1)?c. Strategic Position & Risk Assessment (Project Deliverable 1) d. Target Market (Project Deliverable 2)?e. Competition (Project Deliverable 2)
f. Marketing Plan & Sales Strategy (Project Deliverable 2) g. Operations Plan (Mini Project Deliverable 2)?h. Technology Plan (Mini Project Deliverable 2)
i. Management & Organization (Mini Project Deliverable 2) j. Ethics & Social Responsibility (Project Deliverable 3)
2. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Cite the resources you have used to complete the exercise. Note: There is no minimum ?requirement for the number of resources used in the exercise.
b. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on ?all sides; references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor ?for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the ?professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Section 2: Business Plan Financials (MS Excel worksheets template)
3. For year one, revise and submit the Income Statement, Cash Flow Projections, and Balance Sheet sections from the “Business Plan Financials” MS Excel template (see: Course Required Files in Week 1).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals.?Create a plan to implement a firm’s strategy and manage the change from current operations. Analyze strategies for exerting the internal leadership needed to drive the implementation of strategic initiatives and improve operating excellence.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management. Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.