CIS 210 WEEK 6 ASSIGNMENT 3 STR
A Graded Work
Assignment 3: Input Controls
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
There are many kinds of input controls. Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
1. Explain the function of input controls.
2. Identify four (4) types of input control and explain the function of each.
3. Give an example of a data integrity error that could occur if each of these types of input control were not in place.
4. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of restricting user interfaces. (User interfaces can often be restricted, limiting the user’s ability to navigate to other areas of the system, or out of the system.)
5. Design and build a graphical representation of a Web-based input for making a hotel reservation, using Visio or PowerPoint or an equivalent.
6. Research and cite at least three (3) reputable academic sources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted. ?The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Design high-level logical system characteristics (user interface design, design of data, and information requirements).
• Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and ?development.
• Write clearly and concisely about systems analysis and development using proper writing mechanics.