CIS 348 WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT 3 WATERFALL VERSUS AGILE
Research agile methodologies including SCRUM and extreme programming (XP).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the waterfall methodology and identify its relationship to the PMBOK® process groups.
- Describe the agile methodology and identify its relationship to the PMBOK® process groups.
- Contrast waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Describe XP and defend or criticize the practice.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain and apply the phases of the project management life cycle.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.