COM 510 Final Exam Latest-Saint Leo
COM 510 Final Exam Latest-Saint Leo
COM 510 Final Exam Latest-Saint Leo
Question 1 (5 points)
What should you be armed with to adequately assess potential weaknesses in each information asset?
- Intellectual property assessment
- Properly classified inventory
- List of known threats
- Audited accounting spreadsheet
Question 2 (5 points)
Which of the following is a network device attribute that may be used in conjunction with DHCP, making asset-identification using this attribute difficult?
- IP address
- Part number
- MAC address
- Serial number
Question 3 (5 points)
Which of the following is NOT a valid rule of thumb on risk control strategy selection?
- When the attacker’s potential gain is less than the costs of attack: Apply protections to decrease the attacker’s cost or reduce the attacker’s gain, by using technical or operational controls.
- When a vulnerability can be exploited: Apply layered protections, architectural designs, and administrative controls to minimize the risk or prevent the occurrence of an attack.
- When the potential loss is substantial: Apply design principles, architectural designs, and technical and non-technical protections to limit the extent of the attack, thereby reducing the potential for loss.
- When a vulnerability exists: Implement security controls to reduce the likelihood of a vulnerability being exploited.
Question 4 (5 points)
By multiplying the asset value by the exposure factor, you can calculate which of the following?
- Value to adversaries
- Annualized cost of the safeguard
- Annualized loss expectancy
- Single loss expectancy
Question 5 (5 points)
The Microsoft Risk Management Approach includes four phases. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
- Implementing controls
- Evaluating alternative strategies
- Conducting decision support
- Measuring program effectiveness
Question 6 (5 points)
What does FAIR rely on to build the risk management framework that is unlike many other risk management frameworks?
- Qualitative assessment of many risk components
- Quantitative valuation of safeguards
- Subjective prioritization of controls
- Risk analysis estimates
Question 7 (5 points)
Which of the following affects the cost of a control?
- Liability insurance
- CBA report
- Asset resale
Question 8 (5 points)
Strategies to limit losses before and during a realized adverse event is covered by which of the following plans in the mitigation control approach?
- Disaster recovery plan
- Business continuity plan
- Damage control plan
- Incident response plan
Question 9 (5 points)
The identification and assessment of levels of risk in an organization describes which of the following?
- Risk reduction
- Risk management
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
Question 10 (5 points)
Determining the cost of recovery from an attack is one calculation that must be made to identify risk, what is another?
- Cost of prevention
- Cost of identification
- Cost of litigation
- Cost of detection
Question 11 (5 points)
Which of the following provides an identification card of sorts to clients who request services in a Kerberos system?
- Ticket Granting Service
- Authentication Server
- Authentication Client
- Key Distribution Center
Question 12 (5 points)
Which of the following is a commonly used criteria used to compare and evaluate biometric technologies?
- False accept rate
- False reject rate
- Crossover error rate
- Valid accept rate
Question 13 (5 points)
To move the InfoSec discipline forward, organizations should take all but which of the following steps?
- Learn more about the requirements and qualifications for InfoSec and IT positions
- Learn more about InfoSec budgetary and personnel needs
- Insist all mid-level and upper-level management take introductory InfoSec courses
- Grant the InfoSec function an appropriate level of influence and prestige
Question 14 (5 points)
Which of the following InfoSec positions is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the InfoSec program?
- Security technician
- Security officer
- Security manager
Question 15 (5 points)
The intermediate area between trusted and untrusted networks is referred to as which of the following?
- Demilitarized zone
- Unfiltered area
- Proxy zone
- Semi-trusted area
Question 16 (5 points)
Which technology has two modes of operation: transport and tunnel?
- Secure Sockets Layer
- Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Secure Shell
- IP Security
Question 17 (5 points)
Which of the following is NOT a typical task performed by the security technician?
- Develop security policy
- Coordinate with systems and network administrators
- Configure firewalls and IDPSs
- Implement advanced security appliances
Question 18 (5 points)
Temporary hires called contract employees – or simply contractors – should not be allowed to do what?
- Work on the premises
- Wander freely in and out of buildings
- Compensated by the organization based on hourly rates
- Visit the facility without specific, prior coordination
Question 19 (5 points)
Which tool can best identify active computers on a network?
- Packet sniffer
- Port scanner
- Honey pot
- Trap and trace
Question 20 (5 points)
Which of the following is typically true about the CISO position?
- Accountable for the day-to-day operation of all or part of the InfoSec program
- Frequently reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Technically qualified individual who may configure firewalls and IDPSs
- Business managers first and technologists second
Question 21 (5 points)
The penalties for offenses related to the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996 depend on whether the offense is judged to have been committed for one of the following reasons except which of the following?
- For political advantage
- For private financial gain
- In furtherance of a criminal act
- For purposes of commercial advantage
Question 22 (5 points)
There are three general categories of unethical behavior that organizations and society should seek to eliminate. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
Question 23 (5 points)
Which of the following is the best method for preventing an illegal or unethical activity? Examples include laws, policies and technical controls.
Question 24 (5 points)
Which of the following is an international effort to reduce the impact of copyright, trademark and privacy infringement, especially via the removal of technological copyright protection measures?
- European Council Cybercrime Convention
- U.S. Copyright Law
- PCI DSS
Question 25 (5 points)
Which of the following ethical frameworks is the study of the choices that have been made by individuals in the past; attempting to answer the question, what do others think is right?
- Descriptive ethics
- Normative ethics
- Deontological ethics
- Applied ethics
Question 26 (5 points)
Deterrence is the best method for preventing an illegal or unethical activity.
Question 27 (5 points)
Which law requires mandatory periodic training in computer security awareness and accepted computer security practice for all employees who are involved with the management, use, or operation of each federal computer system?
- The Telecommunications Deregulation and Competition Act
- National Information Infrastructure Protection Act
- The Computer Security Act
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
Question 28 (5 points)
Which of the following is compensation for a wrong committed by an employee acting with or without authorization?
- Due diligence
Question 29 (5 points)
The Secret Service is charged with the detection and arrest of any person committing a U.S. federal offense relating to computer fraud, as well as false identification crimes.
Question 30 (5 points)
Which entity is not exempt from the Federal Privacy Act of 1974?
- U.S. Congress
- Credit agencies
- Bureau of the Census