WEEK 4 HCA 497 REGULATORY ANALYSIS HEALTH
HCA 497 Week 4 Regulatory Analysis Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Care (H.I.T.E.C.H.) Act
Regulatory Analysis: Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Care (H.I.T.E.C.H.) Act. The use of technology has become a major driving force for many stakeholders in the health care industry; the HITECH Act is expected to play a major role in advancement. View the video The HITECH Act: Electronic Health Records and Meaningful Use and address the following:
- What are the major provisions and objectives of the H.I.T.E.C.H. Act?
- What are the key requirements of the H.I.T.E.C.H. Act for health care providers?
- What are the responsibilities of health care providers toward “meaningful use”?
- What are at least three challenges that health care providers may confront in taking advantage of the provisions of the H.I.T.E.C.H. Act?
- What role, if any, do you think organizations, such as the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), should play in the H.I.T.E.C.H. Act? Are they considered stakeholders? Why or why not?
- Is the enactment of the H.I.T.E.C.H. Act an appropriate role for government? Support your opinion.
- What do you predict will be the outcome of the H.I.T.E.C.T. Act in the next five years and why?