HLT 205 Week 2 Complete Latest
HLT 205 Week 2 Topic 2 Discussion 1
What is defensive medicine and how does it impact health care cost, quality, and access? How will we see the use of defensive medicine shift as we move forward with the Affordable Care Act? Cite references to support your DQ post.
HLT 205 Week 2 Topic 2 Discussion 2
Watch “TEDTalks: Daniel Kraft – Medicine’s Future? There’s an App for That”:
After viewing the video, select four topics that were discussed and explain their significance to the future of health care technology.
HLT 205 Week 2 Assignment Collaborative Learning Community: CLC Group Project Agreement
This is a CLC assignment.
Complete the CLC Group Project Agreement form. Only one CLC Group Project Agreement form needs to be completed for your group. Your instructor will assign group members in Topic 2. The CLC Group Project Agreement form will benefit your group’s process by:
- Creating an opportunity to introduce yourself to ther group members.
- Clarifying strengths that would benefit the outcome of the project.
- Defining time commitments that can be made for the CLC.
- Fostering trust by following through on commitments made to the CLC in a timely manner.
- Providing a plan for resolving CLC issues before they occur.
HLT 205 Week 2 Assignment 2 Health Care Essay: Cost, Access, and Quality
An understanding of health care cost, access to care, and quality of care is vital for health care professionals, as is the ability to articulate these issues. For this assignment, students will examine the effects of cost and the issues associated with accessing quality care, both in a historical context as well as the future impact on health care. For this assignment, address the following in 750-1,000 word paper:
- Identify the factors contributing to the rising cost of health care. When did rising health care costs become an issue? Why are health care costs continuing to rise? What can be done to address this issue?
- Identify the impact that cost is having on access to care. How does access to health care today compare to 10 years ago? Can providers refuse care to those with certain payment methods such as Medicaid? Do you believe that we will have universal access to health care in the future?
- Discuss the issue of providing quality care. How much of a factor is cost in determining quality of care? What does the future of health care look like with regard to quality?
Two references (minimum) in addition to your textbook are required for this assignment.
Remember that this word count does not include your title page or reference page.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.