HLT 418V Week 1 Assignment and Discussion Question
HLT 418V Week 1 Discussion 1
There have been many issues regarding the need to reform the financing and payment systems of health care. Many different ideas have been tried and have failed. How would you design a better health care system for the U.S. population? Who would control the health care decisions? Would everyone be required to join? Who would control the costs of care? If the government provided the care, would malpractice lawsuits increase?
HLT 418V Week 1 Disscussion 2
What impact has health care reform had on the way you receive care for yourself or your family members?
HLT 418V Week 1 Assignment – Four Component of Health Care
Max Points: 150
Details: There are many reasons why a bill is introduced into legislation, helping a select group of people to make sure that everyone in the country is being protected. It is important as a healthcare provider to understand, how different bills effect the healthcare profession.
Select a current health care bill that addresses one or more of the components of healthcare. You will use three to five academic sources to write this paper.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word paper about how the bill affects health care services in the community in which you live. Include the following:
- Summarize the components of the health care bill.
- Describe the health care components that are addressed in this bill.
- Who sponsored this bill? Who are the proponents of the bill and who opposes this legislation? What is their position (i.e., why do they disagree?).
- Does this bill helps or hinders health care services in the community. Describe how it may affect allied health professionals.
- Does this bill affect the health care and allied health care professionals?
Review the American Psychological Association (APA) writing style guidelines and resources located in the Student Success Center. APA format is required for most assignments, so students should become familiar with these resources to facilitate the successful completion of course assignments.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.