HRM 500 Week 3 Assignment 1 STR Latest
HRM 500 Assignment 1 – Trends in the Workplace
Imagine that you are the human resource manager for a small manufacturing company. You decide to invest in a materials resource planning (MRP) system. This is a computerized information system that improves efficiency by automating such work as planning needs for resources, ordering materials, and scheduling work on the shop floor. As the human resource manager you hope that with the new MRP system, the company can grow quickly and efficiently through the processing of small orders for a variety of products. You are also aware of the challenges to hire individuals with the technical skills needed to perform the job. Consider how the organization will address the skills deficiencies.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Predict three (3) human resource functions that are likely to be affected by the implementation of an MRP system. Propose two (2) ways in which you as a human resource manager can help the organization carry out this change successfully.
- Determine three (3) human resource skills that would be important for success in leveraging the new MRP system.
- Based on the planned growth of the organization, predict three (3) factors that might impact the organization’s ability to hire new employees that possess the technical skills needed to perform a job.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.