ISSC 340 Week 5 Network Diagram
Below is the assignment, attached is the example of exactly what is needed. If you have questions please ask before taking the assignment.
You want to install a home network. You have a PC tower that you use mainly for your school work and hobby (editing and printing photos). Your spouse has a laptop that is used primarily for online school work. Your two teenage kids have laptops they use for school work, web surfing, and entertainment (MP3s and video clips), and you host a Web Server for your volunteer organization.
Provide a network design, a drawing of a solution to address the following:
- Transferring of videos and music files between computers
- Sharing Internet connection, one laser printer, and one photo printer
- Securing your network
- Accessing your PC remotely (remote access solution to be specified)
- People of your community accessing web sites (static web pages) hosted on your web server
The diagram should be complete with proper icons, connectors, devices/services, etc… You are not limited to Microsoft Visio. You may use any diagramming tool available, such as Edraw and SmartDraw, but the preference is Visio – as Visio is the industry gold standard tool for network diagramming. No need to provide a wordy explanation of your network design, just a simple design with the proper documentation… MAC users may use a compatible product such as OmniGraffle.
Instructions are given in Announcements for possibly downloading a free trial copy of Visio. You can also download a free trial copy of Edraw or SmartDraw.
- Please copy and paste your diagram into MS Word, and verify that the diagram is viewable in Word document
- Submit the Word document for grading (do not submit the Visio file, or the Edraw/SmartDraw/Graffle/etc. file)
- If inserting the diagram into Word doesn’t work, try to save drawing into PDF, and submit a PDF document