JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 4 Complete Work
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 4 Discussion 1
Access and view the Anytown, USA simulation. After gathering data from the simulation, how would you utilize the information to make a proper analysis of the city? How would you conduct further research to draft your analysis?
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 4 Discussion 2
After reading chapters 4 and 5 in the textbook and viewing “Attack on 9/11,” explain some intelligence failures leading up to the attacks on September 11, 2001. What changes to intelligence gathering have occurred since the attacks? Explain how careful scrutiny of al-Qaeda’s attack history and ideology could have provided warning to the United States prior to September 11th.
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 4 Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis
Develop a draft (750-1,000 words) of your Threat Inventory and Assessment Essay, which will be a vital part of your final Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis.
In this assignment, you will compile your intelligence on the terrorist group from the Anytown, USA simulation in order to create your Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis. This portion of the analysis will focus on the background intelligence gathered on the terrorist group.
In order to make a proper analysis, use research from the readings and from the simulation, as well as any data gathered from outside research, in order to provide local government with your analysis on the terrorist threat. Elaborate on the following in your draft:
1- What is the modus operandi of the terrorist group?
2- What are the typical targets?
3- What is the group’s common method of attack?
4- What is the group’s ideology?
5- Why is it important for local government to know these things?
6- Explain the dangers inherent in the terrorist group. Support your answer.
Refer to the Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis assignment instructions.
After the draft is submitted, the instructor will provide commentary on your draft, which you will then use as a basis for revising this section. The revised section will then become part of the complete Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis due in Module 8.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of paper content.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Anytown, USA: Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis
Scenario: Homeland Security has alerted the mayor of Anytown, USA about a possible terrorist attack. As police chief of Anytown, you are to compose your threat analysis for the mayor for counterterrorism purposes. This analysis will deal strictly with possible terrorist attacks on the Anytown community.
In this assignment, you will create and present a law enforcement tactical threat report based on your threat analysis of Anytown, USA using the data obtained from the simulation as well as outside research.
For a review of what a tactical threat analysis determines, review the “Law Enforcement Intelligence” guide, pages 83 and 151-153, located at .intellprogram.msu.edu/Carter_Intelligence_Guide.pdf”>http://www.intellprogram.msu.edu/Carter_Intelligence_Guide.pdf
To complete this analysis, do the following:
1) Gather and catalog data from the simulation for your final analysis. Data should include:
- a) History of Anytown
- b) Hazard assessment of community
- c) Vulnerabilities for both day and night scenarios
2) Focus on these most critical issues. Include the following:
- a) Threat Inventory and Assessment
- i) Background intelligence gathering on terrorists, including:
(1) Modus operandi
(2) Typical targets
(3) Common methods of attack
- b) Target Assessment
- i) Probable targets
(1) Blueprint layout information
(2) Inventory alert areas of targets
- c) Target Vulnerability
- i) Possible hostage situations
- ii) Working with local government and private sector
iii) Media issues
- iv) Possible military and civilian law enforcement response (Provide rationale for your counterterrorism plan)
3) Your report will include:
- a) Title page, including assignment title, name, date, instructor, and course number
- b) Purpose statement of 250 words, in which you justify your rationale for the threat analysis
- c) Three sections consisting of the following essays (directions for which are provided in other module assignments):
- i) Threat Inventory and Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
- ii) Target Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
iii) Target Vulnerability Essay (750–1,000 words)
- d) Conclusion of 250-500 words that reiterates the purpose of your analysis
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- a) Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of paper content.
- b) Use sources other than Wikipedia, as it is not considered an acceptable source for use in academic writing.