UNV 503 Week 4 Discussions and Assignments GCU
UNV 503 Week 4 Discussion 1
Access and read the “Student Success Story.” After you read the story, answer the following: What do you think is the most important thing Jeannine did to change her situation and start to improve at school? Now that you are a graduate student, what are the lessons you learned during your undergraduate career that you will apply to your graduate studies to ensure you get the most out of this experience?
UNV 503 Week 4 Discussion 2
Networking is a vital way to market yourself. Online networking is an accessible way to make connections with people in your field. How do you plan on taking advantage of the online forums available to you as a GCU graduate student? How can attending events, meetings, or conferences relevant to the industry you work in (or would like to work in) assist you in staying motivated?
UNV 503 Week 4 Discussion 3
Setting and achieving goals is essential to success. Being a graduate student provides a perfect opportunity to set and accomplish goals.
Reflect on the goals you would like to accomplish during your graduate program and upon completion of your program.
UNV 503 Week 4 Assignment Career Path Presentation
For this assignment you will conduct research on the career path you plan to pursue, and develop a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Professional Organizations – Find a minimum of three professional organizations that may help you get into your desired career field.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Identify volunteer opportunities related to the field you are pursuing that would help you confirm the field is right for you.
- Interview – Interview someone in the professional field you are pursuing.
- Program of Study Requirements – Provide a brief summary of the requirements needed to complete your program of study.
- Career Search Information – a) Find a job description for your ideal or “dream” job on Indeed.com or another job site; b) Compare the job description of the job to the program of study you are in; c) Explain what courses in the program are going to give you the skills you need to succeed in that job; d) Explain what you need to personally do to ensure you gain the skills in those courses.
- Presentation should be 10 – 12 slides in length. This includes a title/introduction slide and a reference slide.
- Speaker notes that expand upon the content of your slides are required.
- The content presented in your PPT must be supported by a minimum of three to four credible sources.
- You may include recorded narration for your presentation.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
UNV 503 Week 4 Assignment Academic Skills Survey
Successful graduate students know their strengths academically. Now that you have almost completed this course, it is important for you to evaluate your skill level.
- Complete the “Academic Skills Survey” to evaluate your skill level as a graduate student.
- Complete the assignment according to the instructions in the survey.